Watch Me Grow’s philosophy is to provide the highest level of care and education for your child in a warm, nurturing and safe environment. By creating a feeling of acceptance and a sense of belonging, we provide an environment which enables each child to feel safe and secure.
Within every child, every family and in every culture the experience of childhood is a unique journey. We commit ourselves to this adventure by responding to the children’s needs and creating an environment which promotes a sense of belonging, being and becoming.
We believe that exploration awakens the children's learning, interests and imagination, creating a sense of self-worth to move through life and its challenges.
Our service practices underpin the guiding principles of the National Quality Framework.
Watch Me Grow provides educationally appropriate and stimulating programs to assist in the development of the whole child, their physical, social, emotional, cognitive, creative and moral growth. Indoor and Outdoor experiences are provided in small and large group situations. These experiences cater for each child’s individual development and reflect current interests of the group or an individual child. We recognise the value of play for children’s development. Research has found that children attain higher levels of achievement through engaging in play.
Our educational play-based programs assist each child to build and develop the following skills at their own individual rate with guidance and support by our passionate educators:
• confidence, curiosity and imagination
• independence and self-esteem
• respect for themselves and others
• friendly and caring behavior
• their full potential both emotionally and physically
• foster and reinforce self-control
• an understanding and appreciation of the rights and feelings of other people
Our programs also reflect the full appreciation of Australia’s multicultural society, enhancing the children’s awareness of, and respect for, cultural differences and similarities. Our programs are designed to help your child in developing all areas for success now and in later years and to equip them with the necessary tools to deal with life.
Watch Me Grow Early Learning Centre endeavors to create a “family-like” atmosphere and recognises the importance of creating a link between home and the Centre, where parents, educators and the community work in partnership to develop the child as a whole in a mutually supportive and caring environment.
In relation to the community, we believe:
- The center provides a valued service to the local community through the provision of high quality education and care
- The communities children, families and staff belong to outside of Watch Me Grow are acknowledged and reflected in the centre’s program. In order to strengthen the centre’s educational program, links are made with the local community through excursions, incursions and building of networks
Our service is guided by the theories of the Urie Brofenbrenner. He developed an ‘ecological systems theory to explain how everything in a child and a child’s environment affects how a child grows and develops.’
“Particular attention to should be given to the opportunities which the environment presents of precludes for involvement of children with persons both older and younger than themselves.”
- Urie Brofenbrenner